University of Rhode Island, Providence, RI
Print Media & Web Design Certificate
Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Printmaking & Bachelor Arts: Art History
Suma Cum Laude & Faculty Honors, Inter-collegian Lacrosse Team Member
Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA
Certificate of Training in Web Design & Photoshop
- Highly proficient in:
- Adobe Photoshop – Creating imagery and optimizing & refining photographs for print and the web.
- Adobe Illustrator – Creating original vector art as well as designing complete layouts.
- Adobe In Design – Creating complex and multi-page layouts formatted for web or print, through the importation and combination of Photoshop, Illustrator and Word files.
- Adobe Acrobat – Use, combination and manipulation of PDFs for easy viewing, cyber-transportation and print.
- Dreamweaver & WordPress
- A strong Fine Art and Design background, instilling both visual and written skills as well as critical/collaborative abilities in achieving marketing and promotional goals.
- Keen interest and experience in typography, including the manipulation of characters as part of a graphic, to the selection and occasional creation of typefaces for use in a design.
- A thorough understanding of (standard compliant) HTML coding and Cascading Style Sheets (both through the use of Dreamweaver and direct hand coding), as well as some simple Java Script implementation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience designing and updating PHP websites, through WordPress and minor adjustments through direct coding.
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite: specifically Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience creating production files for in house and contract printing, multiple online platforms as well as managing extensive visual libraries.
San Rafael, CA
- Lead on most internal client facing marketing projects, including eblasts, brochures, booklets, calendars and updating the company’s online presence.
- Design Original layouts in both InDesign and Illustrator, for print and the web. Some translated into templates to be used by a 15 person Creative Department.
- Design eBlasts within template structures for monthly and yearly campaigns.
- Create White Papers/Sell Sheets for internal marketing campaigns.
- Design and maintain (update) PHP websites through WordPress and hosted files, individualizing templated sites, as well as adjusting scripts for forms.
- Design sign-age, both interior and exterior (monuments, building signage, banners, etc.); interacting with vendors to provide multiple bids and finally working with the chosen vendor to produce and install sign-age.
- Interact with sales team and client base throughout the design and production of assets.
Schulberg Media Works
Graphic Response Designer
- Design marketing and promotional assets, for print and the web.
- Design POS displays for clients entering new markets.
- Design manuals and quick start guides for new products.
- Create infographics for use in online marketing and sales.
- Design packaging for new products and accessories.
- Research competitive brands and potential vendors, in an effort to assist in successful product launches.
Petaluma, CA/Providence, RI
Graphic Designer (Freelance)
- Design promotional materials (sell sheets/rack cards/POS Displays/miscellaneous print and web layouts) with appropriate color profile and resolution, for both printing and web based needs.
- Create original ‘branding’ elements, using Adobe Illustrator to allow unlimited scalability.
- Design packaging, both individual labels and full dyeline compatible layouts.
- Design and build websites by hand coding and utilizing simple Java Scripts, implementing best practices of HTML and CSS.
- Update, maintain and adjust pre-existing WordPress PHP sites.
- Cultivate clientele, enact contracts, conduct ‘discovery’, filling all roles as designer and manager.
September, 2013-August, 2014
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
- Formulate and execute marketing campaigns to promote and sell machinery for the Woodworking industry.
- Design of all promotional materials for marketing campaigns: print ads, web ads, white pages and website content.
- Maintain company website and webstore. Update existing content as well as integrate new materials.
- Exploring the concepts and vehicles of Inbound marketing as well as the implementation of Google Analytics to evaluate ROI for Marketing Strategies through auto didacticism.
- Research new markets, establishing distribution relationships/agreements when applicable.
Sign O Rama
Santa Rosa, CA
January, 2012-September, 2013
- Design promotional materials for print using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Corel Draw at busy/fast paced sign shop. Projects range in size from business cards to complete sign packages.
- Prepare entire sign package proposals, including pricing, installation and visual mock-ups.
- Manage projects from inception, through design and production, to delivery/install, under tight deadlines.
- Prepare files for print, in house and through outside vendors. Maintain and update image libraries for hundreds of clients.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with clientele and suppliers.
Sonoma State University
Rohnert Park, CA
Two-Dimensional Instructional Technician (Managed Facility)
- Managed the day-to-day operations of all art studios, classrooms and support facilities.
- Created working protocol for new equipment and curricula.
- Coordinated and met needs for special events: guest lecturers, gallery shows, etc.
- Worked closely with all faculty, in order to meet their material and logistical needs.
- Through conservation, creativity and planning, kept facilities operating on ever decreasing budgets.
- Oversaw and managed approximately 80 upper division students.
San Francisco, CA
- Printed limited edition fine art for visiting artists.
- Taught and printed in open workshops.
- Accounted for materials and ordering.
- Provided creative feedback of layouts and designs.